Is it just me, or did November practically disappear in the blink of an eye? Maybe it’s because we had family in town for the last two weeks, but I really am having a hard time grasping the fact that Thanksgiving is less than a week away at this point and we are almost ready to wrap up this year. How does this happen so quickly every year?! Obviously I’m not managing my time very well, because I feel like I’m constantly saying how I can’t believe how quickly everything happens. Haha, maybe I’ll work on that in the new year. But, until then, let’s talk highlights (especially since I’ve been MIA for two weeks!):
1. First things first–I need to vent for a moment. I just tweeted about how I saw an ad for “Black Friday Eve” and how it made me super upset. This bothers me to no end. It is not Black Friday Eve. It is Thanksgiving. *Inhale…exhale…deep breaths…* You know, I think I’ll just leave it at that for now and write a whole post about it separately. Moving on…
2. Brinton’s parents have been visiting with us for the past two weeks, and I have loved watching Evan play with them. We live so far away from any of our family that Evan really only knows his grandparents and aunts through Skype. Even though house guests stress me out because I’m always so worried about everything (which probably makes me a semi-unpleasant host…ha…oops) I am really glad that they were able to come and visit with us for so long. Luckily next year we already know of twice that we are going to be able to visit with them. Now I just have to figure out how I can win the lottery or something so I can buy some tickets to see my parents and sister too.
3. Having had house guests for the past two weeks means that today I should be cleaning my house like crazy (especially before the holidays hit). But really all I want to be doing is sleeping while the baby naps and doing absolutely nothing all day. Maybe I’ll finish blogging, straighten up, and take a nap when Evan goes down for round two. Haha, watch…now he randomly won’t take a second nap today.
4. Last night on facebook I saw this video parody and I have had the song stuck in my head ever since. It’s starting to drive me a little bit crazy…but it’s just so catchy!
5. Apartment hunting in Honolulu is the most frustrating thing in the whole world. It makes me hate living here sometimes, which is sad, because this is supposed to be paradise. I found an apartment listed on Craigslist this morning though that is actually in our price range, has amazing amenities, and is in the perfect walkable area. I already called and talked to the person in charge of the showing, and we are seeing it on Sunday afternoon. PLEASE SEND GOOD VIBES/THOUGHTS/PRAYERS OUR WAY!!! I’ve been on the hunt for a new apartment for at least six months and luck just hasn’t been on our side. I’m hoping that this will change on Sunday!
6. Fall is my favorite season and I’m sure I’ve mentioned here before how much I miss the mainland during this time of year. The other day it was super crazy windy here and I decided to take full advantage of the “cooler” temperature, decked out my nails in fall colors/patterns, and put on my would be go-to fall outfit. By the end of the day I was really warm, but I didn’t even care. That’s what going to places with air conditioning is for. (I know some of you are dealing with really horrible winter conditions, and I am sorry about that, but after living in pretty much constant upper 80 degree temperatures for three years, I miss the cold. I’m sure I would freeze my butt off in the mid-50s right now, but hey. I’d take it.)
I had so much planned blogging-wise for the month of November, but I was just too busy visiting with family to sit down and type it out. Instead of playing catch up, I’m just going to post a few favorite fall/Thanksgiving recipes for next week and call it good. Maybe next year I’ll be more on top of things! Maybe not though. Life is better lived than blogged! We shall see…