I know, I know…’tis the season for all things pumpkin, apple, and spice. But let’s face it y’all–it’s bacon season all year long. Plus, it’s football season now too, and even though I really don’t care much about football I know a lot of you do! These little bites of yummy goodness would make the perfect game time snack to munch on. If you go crazy eating them, they could even be dinner! Not that that’s what happened last night…I’m just saying.
What You Need:
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 long scallions (green parts only), sliced thinly
The How To:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare the corn muffins according to package directions by adding the egg and milk and mixing well to make sure there are no lumps. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
3. While the batter is resting, cook the bacon until crispy and then chop/crumble it up. Slice the scallions, and shred the cheese if it isn’t already pre-shredded.
4. Mix into the batter all the cheesy, bacon-y, scallion-y goodness.
5. Fill a mini-muffin* tin until each cup is just slightly under filled. Bake for 10-12 minutes for mini muffins, or 15-20 minutes for regular sized muffins.
*This recipe will make 12 mini muffins, or 6 regular sized muffins.
These are yummiest when they are hot so you can cut them open and slather them with butter. So good! Probably not at all good for you…but sometimes you just have to indulge a little. You can also add in any other mix-ins you might like–just remember to not go too crazy because otherwise there wont be enough corn muffin mix to hold everything together.
Let me know if you make these and how they turn out for you! Enjoy!