Oh man you guys. October is busy, busy, busy. I can’t believe another week has flown by…mostly because there is so much that I have to do next week that I’m kind of freaking out about it! Gahh! If I can pull it all off, it should be a great week. But man oh man…I’m gonna be cutting it close. Anyway, here’s to this week!
1. My poor baby boy is sick. I hate it. He has had a fever between 102 and 104 since Wednesday night, and it just breaks my heart how yucky he feels. His fever is the only symptom though…so other than just keeping it under control at home and making sure he stays hydrated, there isn’t much else we can do for him. I was up all night last night with him because he kept waking up almost every hour. Luckily he took a pretty good nap this morning so I got to nap. I hope he’s just teething again. I know teething fevers aren’t usually this high, but last time he had a fever this high four teeth broke through at once. So…fingers crossed it’s just teeth and not something more serious.
2. I have been trying really hard for the last week to keep on top of the house, and for the most part, I have done a really good job. It feels so nice to sit down at the end of the day and not have to feel overwhelmed by a mess. It’s hard, sometimes, living in such a small space–try as we might, every time we get rid of excess or clutter we turn around and something else has taken over the space. I’ve tried hard to change my mindset recently though. I can’t change my apartment, but I can change how I think about it!
3. Halloween is next week and I was pretty excited…until I found out Brinton had to work. I was hoping he would just work the morning shift so we could go out as a family in the evening, but no such luck. Honestly, I have never cared much for Halloween. It’s not that I don’t like it…I’m just kind of indifferent to it. I think Evan and I might just stay in this year (because let’s face it…he still can’t walk around on his own from place to place–or even eat the candy for that matter–and I don’t want to be trick-or-treating for myself), but we will still dress him up for our church Halloween party on Wednesday. I’m thinking he’ll be Charlie Brown. Hopefully I can find everything I need for his costume this weekend!
4. Earlier this week I went on a baking frenzy and baked two loaves of bread and made 32 tortillas all in a few hours in the afternoon. It has been so nice having fresh bread in the house this week. Nothing beats homemade!
5. Since Evan learned how to climb last week I have spent a good portion of the day, every day, picking him up and taking him off of our ottoman, the couch, and whatever he seems to be able to scurry on to. We went from having a minor need for a baby gate to an immediate need! Does anyone have any suggestions for a good baby gate that is extra wide (more than 5 feet) and is a walk through gate, preferably tension mounted? I’m all ears, if you do! Also, here is an adorable video of his first climb, which I happened to catch on video. Sorry for it being vertical instead of horizontal…there was just no time y’all. I’ve probably watched this cuteness overload a million times. Your turn!
Okay, well, I wanted to get this post up earlier today, but I spent all day cuddling with my baby boy instead. Some things just jump to the top of the priorities list, you know?