It has been so long since I posted a recipe! I have a few that I want to share with you all, but when I made these for dinner last night I knew this was the winner I had to share first.
Don’t these look yummy?! One of my favorite dinners is breaded chicken cutlets, but when I was cooking last night I decided to make things a little more bite-sized which made them a lot more delicious. Each nugget was so crispy and packed with flavor…oh my goodness I’m practically drooling right now just thinking about them. Naturally, we had no left overs. I should have made more. I want them right now!
What You Need:
Oil, for frying (choose whatever kind you’d like)
2 chicken breasts (or the equivalent amount of chicken breast tenderloins)
A splash of milk
Italian style breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
The How To:
1. Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a pan over medium to medium high heat. I usually start this after I’ve breaded at least half of the chicken because otherwise it always takes me too long and my oil is crazy hot by the time I start frying. No one likes being splattered by flaming hot oil, you know?
2. Cut your chicken into chunks. I made sure to filet the chicken breasts first just to make the pieces all roughly the same size.
3. Scramble the two eggs and the splash of milk to make an egg wash. If you are allergic to eggs or egg intolerant you can use some oil or some buttermilk to do this step instead. Just be aware the coating may not stick as well.
4. Create your breadcrumb mixture by mixing the breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan, and salt and pepper if you feel so inclined. It really doesn’t need it, but some people love their salt and pepper. Who am I to take that away from you? Go for it, friend.
(Also, notice that I don’t have specific measurements for these things? I have never in my life measured this out. Just eyeball it.)
5. Dredge the chicken chunks in the egg mixture first, and then generously coat them with the breadcrumbs.
6. Drop them piece by piece into the hot oil, and fry them until they are golden brown and oh so crunchy. When finished, let them drain on a paper towel so the excess oil is removed.
7. Enjoy your chicken nuggets! You can pair them with the delicious dipping sauce of your choice, or you can opt for a slightly healthier (but still just as delicious!) option and pair them with applesauce. So yummy!
I hope you all enjoy these as much as we did. Between two grown ups and a one year old, there wasn’t a crumb left!