It has been a few weeks since I’ve done a high five for Friday post, so even though it’s pretty late in the day, I didn’t want to miss out on doing one this week! I’m racing the clock to see if I can finish this post before my timer tells me that dinner is ready…so as per usual, let’s jump right in!
1. Today my guest post for Elizabeth who blogs at Elizabeth Loves went live. I wrote all about how to make an amazingly delicious and creamy pasta Alfredo, so be sure to head over to her blog, show her some love, and check out my post!
2. My baby boy turns one on Tuesday. It’s blowing my mind. I can’t believe how much he has grown and changed in the last year. But I won’t get all emotional mom on you right now…that’s for his one year post. Haha.
3. My husband, who works at Microsoft, got a free phone from work which means I am inheriting his phone. It’s a Windows phone, and I’m excited for something new and different (and with a much better camera than I have now!), but any kind of technology change always makes me really anxious. I don’t know why, but I am really resistant to technology change. I hope I like it!
4. Recently Evan has been strongly asserting his independence at meal times and pretty much insisting he feed himself everything. The other day I decided to give him a spoon and let him go at it with a small bowl of prunes…and it was hilarious. He had a blast! Sometimes the mess is totally worth the fun. In case you don’t yet follow me on Instagram, here were the results of his first time using a spoon:
5. I have a fun new DIY craft idea that I am really excited to try! We have almost no wall art in our apartment, and I feel like it’s about time we start making more of an effort to make our apartment feel like home instead of a temporary place. I’m still hoping we get to move into a new place when our lease is up next month, but man oh man–apartment hunting in Hawaii is the worst. Fingers crossed we find a place!
In case you were wondering, I didn’t beat the dinner timer. Ha! But that’s okay. Dinner was delicious and I still finished my post, so everything I wanted to finish is still getting checked off my list.