This week hasn’t really gone exactly as planned…
I have so much to write and tell you guys, but pretty much no energy to do so. I had everything nice and planned out for the blog this week, but on Tuesday I was in a car accident (everyone is fine!) and instead of blogging that night I spent my evening with an ice pack on my back and filing a claim with my insurance. The next morning I didn’t really feel like getting dressed up for my outfit post, so no pictures were taken…and everything just kind of unraveled from there. I planned on having my July favorites post up yesterday, but that obviously didn’t happen! I was going to combine it with this post, but I’m sleepy…so with any luck it will be up tomorrow instead. At least…that’s the plan!
Anyway…here’s five highlights from the week!
1. My phone fell in the toilet on Sunday. I completely and totally forgot I had put it in my back pocket–I thought it was still in the den–and the next thing I know I was fishing it out of the (unused, by the way) toilet, positive that I had just killed my phone. But…I married a nerd, and he saved it for me. It still works perfectly. I love him.
2. Brinton and I had a date night last night and we were so excited to have some time together just the two of us. The plan was to go and paint pottery and then get something inexpensive to eat…but oh my goodness…the pottery place we went was so ridiculously overpriced that we just left. We were baby-less for the evening but had no idea what to do with no time to plan…so we went to Wendy’s and then we went to Walmart. Haha, can you tell we are poor college students still? We still had fun though, and now we have a lovely new tv-stand/bookshelf in our den. I feel much better about having spent money on that rather than an overpriced platter or something like that. Maybe I’ll post a picture eventually.
3. I finally got some pretty white plates from some friends who are going to be moving soon. I’m excited that the black plates are outta here! Hooray for prettier food pictures in the future!
4. I think Evan’s sleeping pattern is finally getting back to normal after this last bout of teething. Poor kid cut four teeth at once…ouch. Meanwhile…my baby has eight–yes EIGHT–teeth! Say what???!!! He’s like a whole big person now! I mean, they are all still coming in…but it wont be long before he has a very toothy little grin. Babies grow too quickly!
5. Tomorrow morning I am supposed to be at the church by 7am to help clean the chapel and the building…which means I’m going to bed, y’all. Goodnight!
Oh! You get a bonus sixth thing, because I just realized none of my highlights have a picture to go with them and I can’t have a blog post without a picture. So, here you go! The other day as I was waiting outside with Evan for a friend to pick us up, he kept looking around at everything, and wouldn’t stop pointing at the tree. Eventually I finally looked up and saw the most beautiful bright yellow flowers. It made me laugh because only a few days before that I had seen a post on my husband’s cousin’s wife’s (is there an easier way to say that?) blog about how her little boy did the exact same thing. Kids are amazing, aren’t they? I hope you enjoy the flowers as much as I did. PS if you follow me on Instagram I post there a lot more regularly!