You guys. I’m so sleepy. I had every intention of writing this post this morning during Evan’s first nap, but I prioritized cleaning my kitchen over blogging (an excellent and very necessary decision, might I add) and now it’s almost 9pm Hawaii time and I’m just now getting the chance to sit down. Oh well! Better late than never, right?
On to this week’s happenings!
1. Last weekend we went camping with a big group of our friends and we had a great time! I know I said that I would post pictures of our weekend on Instagram, but my phone died early in the evening on the first night and I accidentally left the memory card for our camera at home, so that didn’t happen. You know what? It felt amazing to be digitally disconnected for a day. It was refreshing. I think I need to do that more often. Anyway, we had a lot of fun, but camping with a 10 month old was a bit more challenging than I expected…aka…I got very, very little sleep. Haha. He absolutely would not go down in the pack-n-play and the only way he would sleep was next to me. Here are pictures Brinton took with his phone! Thanks love!
The entrance to our campsite. I love how ominous the clouds are on the windward side sometimes.
Gotta have your books when you’re camping! These two are best friends!
First family camping trip!
I don’t remember who came up with this idea, but these were an awesome twist on a traditional s’mores sandwich. Oh man. I want one now.
What? Isn’t this what the scenery looks like when you go camping? PS yes, that’s a lake, not the ocean.
Brinton was sneaky-sneaky and took this picture of us early in the morning. I guess we did get a little sleep, after all.
2. My poor baby boy has had a fever since yesterday morning. Yesterday it ended up being really high in the evening–103.2–and we ended up taking him to the doctor even though he had no other symptoms. Other than having a high fever everything else seemed totally normal, so they told us to just keep him comfortable and watch him to see if other symptoms popped up. His fever has been much lower today, never rising above 100.7, and he has been acting completely normal all day. I’m glad that it hasn’t been bothering him much, but I wish I knew what was causing it! I have a feeling it’s teething–I’ve heard babies can have fevers while teething, but I didn’t think they got that high! I checked his mouth tonight though, and sure enough I can see two more top teeth almost at the surface, and one more bottom tooth which just barely broke through. If he’s getting three teeth at once, no wonder he has been feverish! Hopefully that’s all this is and no other symptoms pop up this weekend.
3. Remember a few weeks ago when I said I wanted an Erin Condren life planner? My amazing husband was saving up for one for me and even used some of his father’s day money so I could order one. I’m excited because I should have it by Monday, and I’ve been looking forward to having it for a long time! Now hopefully I haven’t built it up so much in my mind that I’m disappointed when I see it. Haha do any of you ever do that? I’m sure I’ll love it!
4. Yesterday I attended a live webinar hosted by Mama Natural all about essential oils. In general, I tend to stay away from things that are sold using pyramid schemes and such, and I’m always a little hesitant about jumping on the bandwagon with suddenly super popular trends (and right now it seems like everybody and their brother is all about essential oils). I don’t know why…I just hesitate. I am interested in the oils though, and I’m really considering ordering a starter kit as something I can play with and see if I like them. I love the idea of using a more natural approach for curing ailments and such…so we’ll see how it goes. If I do order some, I’ll be sure to tell you all about them.
5. Recently I feel like I have kind of lost my identity at work. Since I have dropped down to casual part time (which I love, by the way) I feel so out of the loop, and I feel like maybe I don’t quite matter there anymore. It’s a hard thing to go from working full time to being there only two days a week for just a few hours–I have to remember that I’m not on the same track that I used to be on (as far as working toward a management position) and though my knowledge and abilities have not changed, my role has. Don’t get me wrong. I love being at home and would choose being mommy over anything else…I think sometimes I just wonder if I’m still valued there. Do any of you know what I mean?
6. I have the cutest baby. I know all moms feel this way…but seriously…look at this little face. Adorable.
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth, Friday Favorites, Confessional Friday, Friday Blog Hop, and Oh Hey Friday!