Haha, well…it’s Saturday already. I had every intention of posting yesterday, but sometimes things just don’t happen how you plan them. Oh well! I still wanted to share highlights from this week though, so here we go!
1. I spent three days this week as a leader at girl’s camp, and we had a really great time! I think I like our own ward’s girl’s camp a little more than stake camp, but we still really enjoyed ourselves. I feel so lucky to be able to work with such an amazing group of leaders in our presidency. You ladies are some of my closest friends and I look up to all of you!
2. I think we have finally gotten through Evan’s stand up and scream in his crib phase that I mentioned last week. It lasted about a month or so…but for the last few days he has been really good about settling himself back down and going to sleep on his own, and his sleep patterns are finally back to normal–including some seriously awesome naps. This is such a relief! I’m really glad we made it through that rough patch, because by the end of last week I really was losing my mind a little!
3. I’m still going at it with the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 program and I really like it. Last week when I talked about it I had only done the workout once, but this week I did it Monday, Wednesday, and I’m going to be doing it later today. I was going to do it yesterday but between my work schedule and when Evan napped I just didn’t have time. The first time I did it, I mentioned how I was only able to get through the first 25 minutes or so, but by the second time I did it I was able to complete the entire workout, and the next time I was able to push even harder. I don’t see much of a physical difference yet, but I feel better when I do it, and right now I think that matters more to me. I don’t expect to be “ripped in 30” because I know I’m not doing it according to her schedule, but this is all about me being healthier and not so much about having rock hard abs. I’ll get to that down the road (haha…maybe…) but for now I’m aiming to be able to do it Monday through Friday next week and take my rest days on the weekend. I’ll let you know how it goes!
4. This has been my manicure for the last week, and it has been really fun to wear! I did it using Sensationail (which I have talked about quite a few times before), but I didn’t have a blue color that I liked, so I mixed a few together and came up with this. I love the color and wish I could remember everything I mixed to make it!
5. My husband and I just started watching Scandal last night, and I kind of love it. I know, I know…we are way behind the bandwagon here (apparently there are already 4 seasons?), but we don’t have cable and generally we like to start watching shows when we can watch a whole season (or more!) on Netflix or HuluPlus and don’t have to worry about how to watch the next episode. We have only watched two episodes so far, but I’m pretty sure this is our new show. Yay!
6. Hooray! A bonus highlight! Haha. I finished a second DIY bead necklace this week and I think I might like it even better than I did the first one I made. I’ll be sharing both of them with you next week! They really are so easy to make, I might even made another one today.
Okay. nap time is over, which means my time is up. Have a great weekend!
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth!