Well…it has been a week and I (obviously) did not post my April favorites. I have just been to busy enjoying life and playing with my baby…so I’m not even sorry. Haha. I’ve decided I’m just going to combine my April and May favorites instead. Much better plan, I think.
It’s Friday again! I’ve mentioned before that I almost feel silly celebrating Friday since either my husband or I usually work weekends, but I realized today that if nothing else, it’s a great way to celebrate the week and look back on progress made. And I’m always up for celebrating!
1. My baby has been napping for almost a full two hours, and is still asleep. This is amazing. He has been having a really rough time with naps lately (who has time to sleep during the day when there is so much playing to be done?!) which has been hard on him and hard on me. My house is a catastrophe and he has been super cranky by the end of the day…but today looks like it is shaping up to be awesome. Hooray!
2. Last Saturday Evan and I were able to head up to the North Shore with a bunch of friends to celebrate his friend Kianoa’s first birthday! It was so much fun, and it was incredibly refreshing to sit on the beach breathing in the salt air and listening to the waves. We would have gone swimming but it was actually kind of a chilly day (for Hawaii) and Evan is still learning how to like the ocean, so we just enjoyed the day playing in the sand instead.
3. Evan is so close to crawling! He’s got the one legged “army crawl” down pat, but he can’t seem to figure out how to get up on his knees. Well, that’s not completely true…he can do it, but not while he is awake. Isn’t that silly? He can do it in his sleep, but he’s still figuring it out during the day time.
4. My new favorite way to make chicken cutlets is with Italian Panko Breadcrumbs. Oh man it is so good. They come out amazingly crispy and delicious. I would have taken a picture for you guys…but there was just no time. As soon as they were finished cooking they were devoured immediately. There were no survivors. Haha.
5. This week I have been organizing. Little by little I’m choosing areas of my apartment that usually drive me crazy and I am re-vamping them in a way that I hope will make things stay organized longer than they usually do. Plus, it’s the perfect opportunity to start really baby proofing around here since the little one seems to be getting into everything. The last few days I have been working on the closet in the bathroom. I’ve literally only been taking about ten to fifteen minutes to do this so I have only tackled two shelves so far, but I’m feeling much better about how everything looks. I wish I had a before picture! The three containers on the top shelf are all of our medicines and first aid products, and the second shelf has all of my makeup, hair products, and other toiletries. I love when things are organized so much! Does that make me a nerd? Oh well if it does!
I’m really looking forward to this weekend. It’s my first Mother’s day, among other things! I’m so excited!
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth!