It’s Fridayyyy! This really means absolutely nothing since both my husband and I have to work tomorrow (yay retail!) but oh well. I still feel like celebrating anyway! Here are just a few highlights from the past week:
1. Easter dinner with our friends on Sunday. It’s hard living so far away from family, but having such amazing friends makes it a lot easier!
2. Cuzzupi cookies! I love this Easter tradition. My family makes these every year and now I have started to make them with Brinton and Evan too. They are so yummy! Next year I’ll try to post a recipe before Easter, in case any of you want to try them as well!
3. Last week at LensCrafters we had a special employee promotion where Rx sunglasses were way way way on sale! I got these fantastic Tory Burch sunglasses with my prescription for a steal of a price! I seriously love them. Love love love.
4. This week was the first full week that I worked part time instead of full time. It has been amazing. I like being able to get out of the house and work outside the home, but it was so hard for me to leave my little boy every morning. Our new arrangement is the perfect compromise! Brinton gets to work at a job he really enjoys, I still get to put my talents to good use, and I get to see this little face more during the day.
5. I tweeted this morning how ridiculous it is to live in Hawaii sometimes because of how much it costs, but it really is nice to be able to look up at the sky on any given day and see a rainbow smiling over me. If you look closely, you can almost see that it was a double rainbow (which was awesome in the sky…but didn’t show up quite so well on my phone’s camera).
Well, hooray for Friday! Now back to my spring cleaning. Does anyone have any useful tips on how to get rid of clutter? I love the idea of scaling down, but I have so much trouble actually doing it. How do you let go of things? I’m always afraid that I “might need it someday.” If I can ever figure out how to successfully scale back, maybe I’ll write on the blog about it. But until then…I’m gonna go stare at my closet. Woohoo!
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth today!